As part of the new financial year, we have made the decision to re-synchronize our release cycles. As part of this re-synchronization, we are not delivering product updates this week, but delaying it to the 3rd of August.
The Pissarro 2 product release can be expected on the 3rd of August, and from then onwards we will again follow the normal release cycle of pushing out an update every two weeks. Please see below for an outline on what can be expected in the upcoming releases.
Pissarro 2 Release Notes – 3 August
- Site-wide locale updates – We will be introducing the ability to set a locale in the site settings which will cause all date and time-related content to display in the given locale. This will provide improved standardization across the product in terms of date and time formats.
- Calendar tile improvement – We will make an improvement to the Calendar tile’s list view by including the day of the week in the display with the date. This will make it easier for you to identify the day of the week in list view, where previously you had to switch back to the month view.
- There will also be various bug fixes.
Pissarro 3 Release Notes – 17 August
- Tile Import/Export – Sometimes when creating tiles using the custom tile or having a tile set up specifically, you would want the ability to move that tile between both other site collections within your tenant, as well as be able to share these creations with others. As such, we are introducing the ability to import and export tiles, allowing you to share your tiles with other users, in addition to sharing tiles between different site collections.
- Workplace by Facebook tile – We are working on a new tile that allows unauthenticated access to Workplace by Facebook data. A news feed is an example of the basic functionality of this tile. Custom user configuration for this tile:
- Header Color (default – Facebook blue)
- Workplace App Id (String field)
- Default group (Drop-down – populated once App ID is present and valid)